I’m Barrett McBride, and I specialize in helping healthcare leaders live their purpose and achieve the vision they have for their lives.
A tailored approach.
Every person is unique, which is why you’ll not find a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, you’ll find it is tailored to your personal needs.
Because with the right tools, you’ll achieve the results you desire to move forward and succeed.
I also have a deep understanding of healthcare professionals’ challenges, so I view my coaching as a partnership that allows us to explore and gain clarity on what you want and need most.
You’ll also have the benefit of dozens of science-based theories, approaches, and tools I have integrated over two decades of coaching to help you:
- Create a scalable vision you believe in that encompasses your strengths and values
- Identify patterns, blind spots, and other blockers holding you back
- Develop strategies that move you through challenges
- Learn to achieve what you want in a way that can be reproduced over and over
Two decades of experience.
Prior to opening my coaching and consulting firm, I held a series of unique positions in healthcare that contribute to my unique understanding of physicians and other healthcare leaders, healthcare organizations, and the wider profession and industry.
As a registered lobbyist, advocating for the interests of physicians before the California Legislature and regulatory agencies.
As a healthcare journalist and General Manager of a legal publishing organization, championing the first publication of its kind to focus on healthcare regulation, legislation, and litigation.
As a consultant and coach for health lawyers, helping clients develop effective approaches to business and career development and acting as a liaison between my health law clients and various healthcare trade and professional organizations.
But in coaching, industry expertise is not enough. The power of learning is an essential component to ongoing effectiveness, which is why I regularly expand my learning horizons to better serve my clients.
I am a Master Certified Coach (a distinction held by only 6% of certified coaches worldwide). I also bring a Ph.D. in Human and Organizational Systems and master’s degrees in Organization Development and Human Development to my work with leaders.
By working with me, you will:
- Strengthen your leadership, influence, communication and coaching capabilities
- Discover how to engage with complex challenges from new perspectives
- Develop greater self and social awareness
- Expand your curiosity, and by extension, your effectiveness
- Engage and inspire the people you lead, your leaders, peers, and others essential to your vision of success
There is a game-changing, strategic leader inside you.
Let me help you bring it out.
Who we are is how we lead
Even the biggest transformations begin with a decision to take action.